TGRP’s Core Values (and What They Mean for You)
Whether you’re already a client of TGRP Solutions or you’re just getting familiar with us, you can probably tell that we’re a little bit different than other recruiting and consulting firms. (OK, a lot different.)
We’ve shared our history before, but our founder, Mark Reister, set out to create a different type of recruiting agency when he started Top Gun Recruiting Partners in 2010. At that time, the recruiting industry didn’t have the kind of reputation that Mark felt proud to be a part of, so he decided to do something about it. He wanted to set the bar high and work with “top gun” companies and candidates, but he wanted to do it with an unwavering commitment to integrity.
Fast Forward to Today
If you’ve had any experience with TGRP Solutions in the last 12 years, you know that being honest and sincere are just how we do things. Along the way, our name has changed to better reflect our entire business (full-time recruitment for companies as well as consulting services for special projects or growth periods and staff augmentation for short-term needs). But our promise is still the same.
Clients who engage TGRP Solutions can expect superior communication, transparency, and highly knowledgeable, friendly recruiters and consultants. But we also aren’t shy about sharing what matters to us in the hopes that it matters to you too. We’re talking about our company’s core values.
Creating a Values System
Originally unwritten, our core values serve as an internal guide that supports our vision and mission. These values are the underpinning of our company culture and a key ingredient of the “secret sauce” that makes TGRP Solutions the special company it is.
But our core values are more than that. A while back, we decided to articulate our values more formally by creating our Rules of Engagement—a nod to the original namesake of our firm, Top Gun. These rules represent what we cherish most and set the tone for the type of organization TGRP Solutions aspires to be.
What are TGRP’s Rules of Engagement?
Today, we are proud of our core values and feel that it isn’t enough to know and embrace them internally. We want to share these Rules of Engagement so that clients know what to expect when working with us, and employees and consultants know what it means to work at TGRP. Here are the rules that guide us:
- Integrity – TGRP will always act honestly, transparently, and in good faith toward the common good of the candidate and the client. We recognize that long-lasting relationships are built on trust, so no matter who we are dealing with, we strive to be upfront and ethical. Respect for clients and candidates and doing the right thing are expected, and we hire recruiters and consultants who believe the same.
“You can be my wingman any time.” – Iceman
“You’re everyone’s problem. That’s because every time you go up in the air, you’re unsafe. I don’t like you because you’re dangerous.” – Iceman
“Maverick, it’s not your flying, it’s your attitude. The enemy’s dangerous, but right now you’re worse. Dangerous and foolish. You may not like who’s flying with you, but whose side are you on?” – Iceman
- Accountability – Our business is personal and mistakes will happen, but we hold ourselves accountable when they do. We know that we are always improving and always growing, and we take every opportunity to do better and learn as we go. Our consultants take pride in their work and responsibility for their actions. We promise to do what we say we will do and adhere to deadlines.
“Top Gun rules of engagement are written for your safety and for that of your team. They are not flexible, nor am I. Either obey them or you are history. Is that clear?” – Viper
- Family – Talented people can make a living anywhere in a competitive market. We have intentionally created a company culture that allows employees and consultants to feel valued and cared for, both personally and professionally. We encourage every TGRP team member to support their colleagues and clients, and celebrate others’ successes. Ultimately, we know that teamwork is not just a job duty. It’s a mode of operation that we embrace and enjoy, both internally and when working with our clients.
“God, he loved flying with you Maverick.” – Carole talking about Goose…
“Talk to me, Goose.” – Maverick
“You can be my wingman anytime.” – Iceman
- Service – Service has two meanings to us. First and foremost, we make every effort to deliver exceptional service to our clients by going above and beyond, and by listening to our clients and providing solutions that make a lasting difference for their organizations. But we also believe that serving our community is our duty and an honor. We want to have a positive impact in our community and offer many opportunities to our employees and consultants to come together to do that.
“You never, never leave your wingman.” – Jester
“Remember boys, no points for second place.” – Slider
- Fun – Work-life balance is a TGRP mantra. We hire employees and consultants who are skilled and knowledgeable in their areas of expertise, but we also seek out team members who are personable, positive, and genuine. The office, whether TGRP’s or a client’s, should be an enjoyable, inspiring place—not one where people dream spending time. We have a lot of fun at TGRP and with our clients, whether that’s at a Rockies game, a lunch or dinner, or during a volunteer day at one of the organizations we support.
“I think I’ll go embarrass myself with Goose” – Maverick
“You’re not going to be happy unless you’re going Mach 2 with your hair on fire.” – Charlie to Maverick
Thanks for Being Part of TGRP
To our clients, candidates, and colleagues: thank you for being such an important part of TGRP Solutions. We’re so proud of the company we’ve built and honored to work with some incredible people and companies. Whatever we strive to do in the future, we know that living by these rules will help us achieve our goals.